Harley Service, What To Look For In A Harley Service Shop? When your Harley needs to get some service completed it can be difficult in finding the proper Harley service shop to do the work. That is when you should be aware of what to look for in the proper Harley service shop. Once you are aware of what to look for in these Harley service shops you will be able to determine if the Harley service shop is going to be able to service your bike properly or not. One item to look for is going to be the qualifications of the mechanics that will be working on your bike.
Then you will know that they can successfully complete the repairs for the issue that they have found. Another item to look at in the Harley service shop is how long it will take them before they can make the repairs that you have. Something else that you should look for is going to be the cost of the repairs. Now you could notice that some of the Harley Service shops are going to be running discounts on certain parts or repairs, but those could not be good for what you have. So you should find out how much the repair is going to cost to ensure that you can afford the repair.
Harley Service Shop to Keep Your Harley Running
Being able to find the best Harley service shop can be a challenge for some people. However, if you know what you should be looking for in Harley Service you can see just how easy it is going to be to find the proper one. Harley Service Remember the day you rode you new Harley-Davidson motorcycle away from the dealership for the first time?
Everything was perfect: all adjusted, lubricated, inflated, and calibrated exactly as it’s supposed to be. Chris Tribbey, Manager-Service Marketing & Retail Capabilities for Harley-Davidson, offers three simple things you can do to help keep your Harley running that way every day.
Three Small Things to Keep Your Harley Running and out of the Harley Shop
- Keep your tires inflated properly. Many people have no idea how far this simple step can go toward maximizing their ride quality. Consult your Owner’s Manual for your bike’s recommended cold tire pressures, then check them often (ideally before every ride) adding air when needed. This will also help maximize your tires’ lifespan. While you’re looking at your tire pressures, also look at tire tread depth. You can check both with the Harley-Davidson Tire Gauge (P/N 75110-98B).
- Check and adjust your clutch cable assembly. Many people are familiar with adjusting their clutch cable tension, but adjusting the clutch assembly is a simple process, as well. Once you remove the derby cover to gain access, all you need are two wrenches (one allen and one open) to make adjustments. The big difference these small adjustments can make in your bike’s performance can be like night and day. For specific procedures, refer to the appropriate Harley-Davidson Service Manual.
- Check your belt tension. A Properly adjusted belt is another thing that will improve your bike’s performance more than you probably realize. Tension should be checked at every scheduled maintenance interval or once a year. It’s easy to check it yourself with the Harley-Davidson Belt Tension Tester Tool (P/N 40006-85). Adjusting the tension, if needed, is a little more complicated, but the steps are outlined in your model’s Harley-Davidson Service Manual, if you’d like to try it yourself.
But, remember: For these or any other adjustments and maintenance, there’s no shame in taking your bike to the trained service professionals at Mt. Baker Harley-Davidson…we’re here to help. And always consult your Owner’s Manual before doing any work yourself to keep your Harley Running
IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY, SET ASIDE TIME TO READ THROUGH YOUR OWNER’S MANUAL – IT CAN SAVE YOU TIME AND MONEY!!
- Many answers to the most common questions & more minor dilemmas we receive here at the shop are contained in the owners manual.
- From tire & suspension pressures, capacities, headlamp adjustments (if applicable), minor procedures such as basic security system functions, component locations, and other helpful tips – your owner’s manual is a pocket-sized wealth of information!
Just a quick thanks to all of the great people at Mt Baker Harley-Davidson for taking such good care of my wife and I and our Road Glide while on the road and passing through from Indiana in early August. I had lost a passenger floorboard somewhere in Idaho and really needed one for Brenda to put her foot on for the next 3,000 miles. From the time we walked in we were welcomed and everyone did their best to take care of us.
In fact, you went above and beyond what I have ever experience at any other HD dealership. You stayed and worked on my bike well after closing on a Friday night and made sure I was 100% satisfied. Many, many thanks to you all and you can be certain we will tell anyone that will listen that they must visit Mt Baker Harley Davidson. We wear our T-shirts proudly and speak highly of you all.